[U-Boot] Complete verified uboot example

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed Mar 8 21:02:20 UTC 2017

Hi Ron,

On 28 February 2017 at 17:06, Ron Brash <ron.brash at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a list of things I have tried:  The raw zImage (which is compressed
> with XZ), various addresses from indeed load address 0x23000000, entry
> at 0x23008000
> (and the same), I've tried setting the FTD address since it sets itself
> neatly at 0x22f and change, which will probably get itself clobbered.
>
> I've tried playing with the "magic" variables of ftdaddr, loadaddr, and
> verify.  No luck other than a few loops, hangs and
> illegitimate instructions being executed.
>
> Something is missing from my system, documentation or more and it appears
> to be uboot and/or the fit format + FDT/DTBs.
>
> Is there a magic formula?  Before FIT I could just copy my kernel to
> 0x22... and my DTB to another address that wouldn't be clobbered, use bootm
> and everything would work given I set it to a uImage.
>
> Question, does the FDT need a load address specified as well?  Why does the
> documentation use all 0's?  Usually, all zeros is either an example, or
> will be inherit some address from a variable? (perhaps this is not
> obviously documented).

You should be able to set up load addresses for each image in the FIT,
and use the same addresses as you used to use before FIT. The FIT
itself can then be loaded to some other address. That's probably the
safest approach.

What board are you using? It's a shame to have to break new ground here.`

[...]

Regards,
Simon