[U-Boot] [U-Boot 0/2] add spl_early_init to fix rk3288 board broken issue

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Mar 16 01:39:58 UTC 2017

Hi Eddie,

On 6 March 2017 at 00:03, Eddie Cai <eddie.cai.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon
> I guess you may lost this patch. So a friendly ping.

I did not lose it, but I thought I commented on it, that we needed to
remove the duplicate code. Perhaps I imagined it sorry.

Anyway I have sent out an updated version (now at v4) so please take a
look. I think your approach is the right way to solve it, but I just wanted
to unified the code a bit.

>> Andrew F. Davis's below patch broke rk3288 based board. that is because
we
>> call
>> spl_init in board_init_f which is at very early stage. What Andrew want
>> fix
>> is calling spl_init very late. That patch will make malloc_base, limit,
>> ptr not
>> initualized in spl_init when we call spl_init in board_init_f. This patch
>> set
>> add spl_early_init. it can be called in board_init_f. So we can fix this
>> issue
>> by using spl_early_init.
>>
>> commit b3d2861eb20a795b99292b823c923935df26dfc6
>> Author: Andrew F. Davis <afd at ti.com>
>> Date: Fri Jan 27 10:39:19 2017 -0600
>>
>> spl: Remove overwrite of relocated malloc limit
>>
>> Eddie Cai (2):
>> spl: add spl_early_init
>> rockchip: use spl_early_init instead of spl_init
>>
>> arch/arm/mach-rockchip/rk3288-board-spl.c | 2 +-
>> common/spl/spl.c | 54
>> include/asm-generic/global_data.h | 1 +
>> include/spl.h | 12 ++++++-
>> 4 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
>>
>> --
>> 2.7.4

Regards,
Simon