[U-Boot] env_init() for mmc

york sun york.sun at nxp.com
Thu Mar 30 04:57:20 UTC 2017

Sorry for top posting. I am using OWA which doesn't do inline reply.

Jaehoon,

The trouble is the env_init() returns the default environment for SPL part. It means whatever variables I saved doesn't get loaded during the SPL part. It is only available after the SPL loads the RAM version. For example, we have hwconfig variable to control how we want to do DDR interleaving. It is saved. For NOR flash boot, it has no issue. But for eMMC/SD/QSPI boot, the env_init() doesn't use the real variable and ignore what I saved. After U-Boot fully comes up, I can see the correct variable.

York