[U-Boot] Machine ID

Vic vic at chamsys.co.uk
Fri May 12 09:53:11 UTC 2017

Hi All.

I'm having difficulty with getting a board booting Linux from U-boot.
This is an existing unit, so I don't get much choice over changing
versions of kernel of U-boot.

bdinfo gives me the machine ID I expect, but when I try to boot my
newly-built kernel, I get an "unsupported machine ID" error; the vlaue
it prints is not what U-boot gives me, and not what I expect. The
supported types for this kernel do include the machine ID I'm tryin to
use...

Would someone walk me through the process by which U-boot sends the
machine ID to the kernel, please? That's clearly gone wrong somewhere.

Many thanks,

Vic.