[U-Boot] litesom.c: Board stuff in SOC ?

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu May 18 14:28:21 UTC 2017

Hi Marcin,

even if it was already merged (and maybe I am guilty of it because I
have not noted before), it is completely crazy that a board is stored
inside the SOC directory. The litesom board is in fact in
./arch/arm/cpu/armv7/mx6/litesom.c, and there is nothing that justify
this. The code has just board related stuff and nothing common for all SOC.

I just took again the commit and I see:

Moving arch/arm/mach-litesom/ to arch/arm/cpu/armv7/mx6/ was requested
in [1] during discussion of chiliSOM support patches.

[1] http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2017-January/279137.html

But [1] has nothing to do with the context.  I will tend to revert this
patch and wait for an appropriate patch that add support for the board
just like all other boards in U-Boot - as it is currently, it is wrong.

Regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de