[U-Boot] OF_PLATDATA questions on rk3399 platfrom

Kever Yang kever.yang at rock-chips.com
Tue May 23 08:36:58 UTC 2017

Hi Ziyuan, Simon,

On 05/20/2017 10:29 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi Ziyuan,
>
> On 8 May 2017 at 01:01, Ziyuan <xzy.xu at rock-chips.com> wrote:
>> hi simon,
>>
>> I need to achieve emmc_phy physical address in driver, so that I can
>> configure phy in different scenarios (phy register address should be
>> 0xff77f780). see below:
>>      sdhci: sdhci at fe330000 {
>>
>>          phys = <&emmc_phy>;
>>          phy-names = "phy_arasan";
>>
>>      };
>>
>>      grf: syscon at ff770000 {
>>          reg = <0x0 0xff770000 0x0 0x10000>;
>>
>>          emmc_phy: phy at f780 {
>>              compatible = "rockchip,rk3399-emmc-phy";
>>              reg = <0xf780 0x24>;
>>              #phy-cells = <0>;
>>              status = "disabled";
>>          };
>>      };
>>
>>   AKA, I can't use libfdt if OF_PLATDATA is enabled,  so how to get it?
>>
> At present this is not supported. I'm not quite sure how to support
> it, or at least the best way. Do you have ideas on what the C
> structure should be for this?

     I don't know how much operation for grf access is needed in SPL,

but I think driver in SPL should be simple, and OF_PLATDATA is also for

reduce memory size requirement in SPL. If operation is not much, can we

just use the GRF base address directly when OF_PLATDATA enabled? just

like other GRF access in SPL on different board files.

Thanks,
- Kever