[U-Boot] SDRAM configuration changes in u-boot

metisd mehdi.sd69 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 08:32:29 UTC 2017

Hey guys
I already had made u-boot for my disco board and it was OK!
Now I want to port the same boot loader on my own custom board which has
different structure.
Instead of 64 Mb SDRAM of disco board my board has a 128 Mb SDRAM and this
board uses SDRAM bank 1 instead of bank 2 in disco board. Also my board uses
a 12 MHz external oscillator instead of 8 MHz in disco board.
As I've understood, the things I should do are changing clock settings from:
uboot/include/configs/stm32429

and also SDRAM settings from
uboot/include/asm-arm/arch-stm32/fmc.h
and from:
uboot/cpu/arm_cortexm3/stm32/fmc.c

I change the settings from above paths but I see:

U-Boot 2010.03 (May 29 2017 - 10:12:45)

CPU  : STM32F4 (Cortex-M4)
Freqs: SYSCLK=180MHz,HCLK=180MHz,PCLK1=45MHz,PCLK2=90MHz
Board: STM32F429II-SADR board,Rev 1.0
DRAM:   8 MB
Using default environment

*UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: HARD FAULT
  R0    = 90700000  R1  = 00000000
  R2    = 00025800  R3  = 00000004
  R12   = 000257fc  LR  = 08005a23
  PC    = 080007ea  PSR = 21000000*

and the below line doesn't appear:

Hit any key to stop auto boot: 0

I changed delay time to 3 sec but the result was same and u-boot doesn't
start boot!!!
I would be thankful if you tell me what should I change in the mentioned
files and if any other thing is needed to do or not.
Thanks a lot.