[U-Boot] ImportError: No module named _libfdt

Conrad conrad at linuxfreaks.info
Fri Oct 6 17:40:16 UTC 2017

On 17.06.2017 19:45, jm.beaune at gmail.com (Jean-Marc Beaune) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to U-Boot and trying to compile source code in order to get U-Boot
> working on a BananaPi.
>
> I get the following error while compiling the latest version of master
> branch:
>
> ImportError: No module named _libfdt
>
> Has anyone an idea about why Python is not happy?
>
> Thank you,
> JM

I experienced the same problem while trying to compile for a BananaPro.

The problem was my system using python3 as default python interpreter.
This causes the _libfdt module being compiled for python3 only. But the
script "./tools/binman/binman", that threw the exception, explicitly
requires python2.

This was on v2017.09 btw.