[U-Boot] How to enable USB Mass Storage

Sun Oct 22 14:37:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

I want to use the ums command to access the SD card of a A20-OlinuxIno-Lime
board via usb-org cable. For that I start the CPU in FEL mode, download the
u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin file by sunxi-fel tool. I do this FEL mode boot for
preparation of an Einstein A20 board, which has only an internal MMC. I run on
uboot serial console:

=> ums 0 mmc 0
UMS: LUN 0, dev 0, hwpart 0, sector 0x0, count 0x1dc000
Controller uninitialized
g_dnl_register: failed!, error: -6
g_dnl_register failed

It seems that the drivers/usb/musb-new/sunxi.c is not initialized. The
devicetree has a node that should match:

		usb at 01c13000 {
			compatible = "allwinner,sun4i-a10-musb";
			reg = <0x1c13000 0x400>;
			clocks = <0x2 0x0>;
			interrupts = <0x0 0x26 0x4>;
			interrupt-names = "mc";
			phys = <0x2b 0x0>;
			phy-names = "usb";
			extcon = <0x2b 0x0>;
			allwinner,sram = <0x2c 0x1>;
			status = "okay";
			dr_mode = "otg";
		};

My config is:

cat defconfig
CONFIG_ARM=y
CONFIG_ARCH_SUNXI=y
CONFIG_MACH_SUN7I=y
CONFIG_DRAM_CLK=384
CONFIG_MMC0_CD_PIN="PH1"
CONFIG_I2C1_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_SATAPWR="PC3"
CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE="sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime"
CONFIG_AHCI=y
# CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_CLEAR_ON_INIT is not set
CONFIG_SPL=y
CONFIG_SPL_I2C_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_FASTBOOT is not set
# CONFIG_CMD_FLASH is not set
# CONFIG_CMD_FPGA is not set
CONFIG_CMD_USB_MASS_STORAGE=y
# CONFIG_SPL_DOS_PARTITION is not set
# CONFIG_SPL_ISO_PARTITION is not set
# CONFIG_SPL_EFI_PARTITION is not set
CONFIG_ETH_DESIGNWARE=y
CONFIG_SUN7I_GMAC=y
CONFIG_AXP_ALDO3_VOLT=2800
CONFIG_AXP_ALDO4_VOLT=2800
CONFIG_SCSI=y
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_MUSB_GADGET=y
CONFIG_SYS_USB_EVENT_POLL_VIA_INT_QUEUE=y
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DOWNLOAD=y
# CONFIG_USB_ETHER is not set

Is the ums working for Allwinner CPUs, or is there some further configuration
needed that I have not figured out?

Br,
Frank