[U-Boot] qemu and baremetal arm prog

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 25 07:19:38 UTC 2017

Dear Anupam,

please keep the list on Cc:, and please don't top post/full quote.
Thanks.

In message <CAEmaDyELmBztEtFKtnYwQN0OYbq7QMH=G2k0fxwEH4scCzX+nA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for the point. Can you please tell me what will be the address to
> load the kernel? Or the way to know how to load it ? All the tutorials
> shows this only. Didn't find anything else.

I cannot answer this question as it is unclear to me what you
actually want to do.

If you just want to run some code, the easiest way would be to add
this as a custom command to U-Boot proper.

If you want to keep it separate, the standard way is to implement it
as a so-called "standalone application", see doc/README.standalone

Even if you have completely incompatible standalone code, the
easiest way to run it is to just load the raw binary from some
storage device or network.  Load it directly to the address it was
linked for, and then use the "go <ep-addr>" command to jump to it's
entry point address.

Make sure to understand the execution environment and prepare your
code to be compatible with it (caches on or off? thumb mode?
peripherals initialized? etc.).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply  to  serve  as  a
warning to others.