[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.07 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jul 9 14:32:01 UTC 2018

Hey all,

It's release day, and here we are doing the release.  It's live on git
and FTP and ACD (along with the PGP sig file).

Looking over the release email for v2018.05, I see I had a lot to say
then.  This time?  Not quite so much.  On the ARM side of things, we
have the framework in, and in some cases, it is now enabled, what
portion of the "Spectre" work-arounds.  Since dealing with the issues
entirely is a system-level problem and not just "whack some bits once
and you're good" I want to stress that to deal with the issue entirely
you're going to need more than just these changes enabled.

Next, the deadline for migration to CONFIG_BLK was supposed to be
v2018.05, but we didn't enforce it.  I'd really like to enforce this for
the v2018.09 release, and at least right now the only big hang-up is
USB.  That's a pretty big hang-up, but I am hopeful.

Finally, DM_SPI migration has a deadline of also v2018.09 and I'd like
to see if we can stick to it.

Thanks all!

--
Tom