[U-Boot] Raspberry Pi / fdt_addr bug with environment

Pascal Vizeli pvizeli at syshack.ch
Sun Jul 15 15:39:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

I found a funny bug. I don't think that is a raspberry pi only bug. It
is the handling how env restore work.

We use the origin device tree from first bootloader. We store also the
environment to SSD for a fallback scenario. Now it store also the
fdt_addr to environment. On next boot, it overwrite the origin fdt
address with last known address from environment.

It look like the rpi don't change the address a lot. I see that only
after I update the firmware/first stage bootloader.

I can fix that inside script with a workaround, but maybe we need
change the handling of restore a bit?

Greets
Pascal