[U-Boot] Ethernet sandox driver issue

Steven Stoner sstoner at asl-control.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 11:26:01 UTC 2018

Hello there,

Sorry about this but I could use some assistance.  I am trying to get the ethernet to work under the sandbox and am having issues.  I saw and applied the patch from Joe Hershberger-2 that seemed to be relevant to my issue.

I have applied the patches on the following page to my latest master git version w/ hash 4c6363b of u-boot:
http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/PATCH-0-5-sandbox-net-Fix-sandbox-eth-drivers-td333300.html

Once complete, I compile using the python test harness with: ./test/py/test.py --bd sandbox --build , then run the sandbox at the command line using build-sandbox/u-boot. I see the following:

U-Boot 2018.07-00296-g474ecd2-dirty (Jul 23 2018 - 11:15:29 +0100)

DRAM:  128 MiB
MMC:
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
SCSI:
Net:   No ethernet found.

The "No ethernet found." is coming from function: int eth_initialize(void) on line 400
		printf("No ethernet found.\n");
in eth-uclass.c.

What is causing this and how do I get the sandbox to receive and send packets to my local network adapter (the second one listed by ifconfig)?

Thanks,

Steven Stoner
Senior Embedded Engineer

e.	mailto:sstoner at asl-control.co.uk