[U-Boot] Cavium Octeon support for u-boot

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:55:36 UTC 2018

Hi Aaron,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 2:06 PM Aaron Williams
<Aaron.Williams at cavium.com> wrote:
> While mainline U-Boot does not support Octeon, we have our own fork of it that
> I maintain. I am using the 2018.07 release with only a few minor changes
> around the periphery to support the older version of U-Boot Octeon is based
> off of.

Just out of interest is there any particular barrier to Octeon support
landing upstream? At $dayjob we have 4 platforms using various Octeon
III processors. We're in the position of being stuck on an older
version of u-boot because we can't bring support for our boards up to
date without having to bring all the Octeon SoC support forward as
well. Is there any interest from Cavium to get Octeon upstreamed?