[U-Boot] u-boot hangs on soft reboot

Muzammal Ahmed mahmed at crestron.com
Mon Jun 4 16:45:14 UTC 2018

Hi there,
I'm having this subtle issue where if I put my ARM device (U-boot + Linux) under soft reboot cycle (stress test), it fails after 100+ cycles. The serial output I capture in failed scenario is:
g_txrx_mode=1
g_profileid=1
id=0x1F11 board_type=0x0004 HAS_POE_SUPPORT=1
Not POE
read_rbf_header_from_ext4 - filename = e30.core.rbf filesize = 7317252
cff_from_mmc_ext4:writing e30.core.rbf length 13 num_files 0
Full Configuration Succeeded.
crestron_load_rbf: use core e30.core.rbf length 13 rval 1
Booting from primary
Writing to MMC(0)... done
dram_init: id 1f11 (id & 0x0001) 1 has_dsp/has_dante0
DDRCAL: Success
INFO  : Skip relocation as SDRAM is non secure memory
Reserving 2048 Bytes for IRQ stack at: ffe2f708
DRAM  : 512 MiB

On a successful reboot, next printed lines are:
WARNING: Caches not enabled
MMC:   In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial

it seems it failed between 'skip_relocation()' and 'enable_caches()'. but why after 100+ attempts? Could it be memory issue? Memory timing issue? And how can I debug it?

Regards,

Muzammal Ahmed | Firmware Engineer
Phone: 800-237-2041
Ext: 12505
Email: mahmed at crestron.com

Crestron Electronics, Inc.
22 Link Drive, Rockleigh, NJ, 07647

[www.crestron.com]<http://www.crestron.com>

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.