[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.05 released

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sat Jun 9 17:44:26 UTC 2018

Hi Tom,

On 7 May 2018 at 07:34, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It's release day, and here we are doing the release.  It's live on git
> and FTP and ACD (along with the PGP sig file).
>
> A few things I want to call out here.  First, a bunch more NXP PowerPC
> boards have just been marked as Orphaned due to lack of valid maintainer
> email.  So the one year until removal clock has started for them.  This
> also marks the point where another batch of boards will hit the 1 year
> mark with the _next_ release and I'm inclined to say that what that
> means is that _this_ is the final release they will be in.

Sounds good.

Also this is the deadline for CONFIG_BLK support. I am thinking of
doing a patch to remove boards which don't support it, starting with
ARM. I have not looked recently but there are definitely quite a few
stragglers. I am thinking of enabling CONFIG_BLK by default as a first
step, to see what breaks.

What do you think?

Regards,
Simon