[U-Boot] SquashFS patch

Frank Hunleth fhunleth at troodon-software.com
Fri Jun 15 13:25:24 UTC 2018

I attempted to integrate SquashFS with U-boot based on the SquashFS support in Barebox. It works in that loads the Linux kernel and device tree files from a SquashFS-formatted root filesystem reliably. Unfortunately, it’s slow (much slower than Linux SquashFS even though they share most of the code), only zlib compression works, and the code needs to be cleaned up (this was my first time spending time in the U-boot codebase).

It would be nice to push this the rest of the way so that it could be included in U-boot. It’s definitely not ready and I feel like I need help fixing the performance issue and getting it the rest of the way there. Is there any interest?

The patch can be found at https://github.com/fhunleth/u-boot-squashfs <https://github.com/fhunleth/u-boot-squashfs>. If/when it gets into an upstream-able state, I’ll definitely submit properly to this list.

Thanks,
Frank