[U-Boot] u-boot 2016.012 hangs periodically during ping/tftp

Matthew Dahl M.Dahl at astronautics.com
Fri Jun 15 21:44:48 UTC 2018

Hello,
I am working on a custom board, that is based on the NXP T2080 processor.

We have been experiencing issues with our loading process which utilizes tftp to retrieve images for loading into NAND.
The vast majority of the attempts result in "Loading: *" or "Loading: #" with no further output, and u-boot does not respond to ctrl-c and appears to have hung someplace.

Using Wireshark I can confirm the following packet transfers are taking place:

ARP request for our external machine
                ARP reply from external machine to u-boot with correct MAC address

                TFTP read request from u-boot to external machine
                TFTP Option ACK from external machine to u-boot
                TFTP ACK block 0 (OACK) from u-boot to external
                TFTP data packet 1 from external machine to u-boot
                (and then the further retries of packet 1)

Thanks,
Matt