[U-Boot] sama5d3_xplained boot from usb

mb2 at lipowsky.de mb2 at lipowsky.de
Thu Jun 28 12:26:26 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm currently using u-boot(U-Boot 2017.03-linux4sam_5.8) on our embedded device which is based on

the sama5d3_xplained and easily works with the given config files.

I'm right now trying to boot from usb(fat32) instead of mmc as recovery option

but can't get it to work.

When in u-boot shell calling "usb start" i get the following:

starting USB...
USB0:   USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found

So apparently the USB EHCI and my USB-Stick (attached) are found but it is

not recognized as storage devices.

Following USBOptions are active:

CONFIG_CMD_USB=y

CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_DM_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_HOST=y
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_EHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ATMEL=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=y

Could you give advice which steps to take from here or

how to debug this issue?

Best regards