[U-Boot] mt7623 bootup example

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Sat Nov 3 08:46:54 UTC 2018

Hi Simon, hi Ryder,

i tried Patches so far, they are working well

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/992398/

here my github-repo with steps to build:

https://github.com/frank-w/u-boot

there is a build.sh, which compiles uboot the common way with some additions like bootmenu and full environment to load a kernel on BPI-R2

here are instructions how to prepare SD-Card for boot-up:

https://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:bpi-r2:storage#extended_boot-headers

as you see you need 3 Headers on SD-Card (SDMMC_BOOT, BRLYT, Preloader) and the uboot.bin for SD-Card. on emmc imho preloader in boot0-block and uboot on main-Partition is enough for uboot to boot

Source: https://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:bpi-r2:uboot#update_uboot

btw. @ryder.lee you have a small typo in the readme:
Boorom => Bootrom (2 times)

maybe you can add Infos above from my wiki. Btw. how far is the ethernet-driver? then i can replace my 2014-uboot ;)

regards Frank