[U-Boot] error in the make: bad value in the asm-offsets.c file

Ian Kane ikane at CodeBlue.com
Wed Nov 7 17:08:34 UTC 2018

Sarah,

It looks to me from the attached image that the error is related to an expected, but missing value for the -march flag.
To me, I'd expect to see "-march=ARMv5 switch" instead of "-march= switch".  Make note of the empty space in the second.

However I defer to anyone else more knowledgeable on the subject, I'm very new user of the project myself.

Best regards,
- Ian
From: U-Boot <u-boot-bounces at lists.denx.de> on behalf of Sarah Wicker <S.Wicker at PRIMES.de>
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:19 AM
To: u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] error in the make: bad value in the asm-offsets.c  file

Good Morning,
i am trying to compile u-boot on my pc  to use it for a ZedBoard from Xilinx.
I cloned the repository u-boot-xlnx using this link: https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx.git
Made the first make to build the U-boot for a ZedBoard, it works well. Asked for the second make and i received the message that in the file asm-offsets.c:1:0: error: bad value (armv5) for -march=switch
I opened the file but couldn't see were was this value

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D476BE.1BC339F0]

For information i am trying to compile on a virtual machine using Debian9.5.0

I thank you in advance for your help

Sarah Wicker