[U-Boot] error in the make: bad value in the asm-offsets.c file

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:41:20 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:16 PM Chris Packham <judge.packham at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2018, 2:08 AM Sarah Wicker <S.Wicker at primes.de wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chris, Ian,
>>
>> i tested with downloading and installing the package through the terminal, changing the CROSS_COMPILE value and redoing the make, it didn#t work.
>>
>> So i tried using the first link https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/ and later  https://toolchains.bootlin.com/ but still the same result.
>>

>> Each time have added the path tot he binary files to my main path (export PATH=‘pwd‘$PATH) and changing the CROSS_COMPILER value according the package i wanted to use but the error stayed the same.
>>

>> In the end I used the package: armv5-eabi--glibc--stable-2018.02-2.tar.gz2 since the error messages is referring to armv5. Unpacked it into another folder, linked the path tot he binary files and export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-
>>
>> But i still got the same error… Do you have another idea?
>>
>> Thank yuo a lot for your help,
>

> I think to get a better idea of what's going on you should post a complete console log starting from a new shell setting PATH & CROSS_COMPILE up to the build error.
>
> Also just as a test to check your compiler run ${CROSS_COMPILE}cc --version

If it helps here's a recipe that worked for me

wget https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/7.3.0/x86_64-gcc-7.3.0-nolibc_arm-linux-gnueabi.tar.xz
tar -xf ~/Downloads/x86_64-gcc-7.3.0-nolibc_arm-linux-gnueabi.tar.xz
git clone https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx.git
cd u-boot-xlnx
export PATH="$HOME/gcc-7.3.0-nolibc/arm-linux-gnueabi/bin:$PATH"
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-
make zynq_zed_defconfig
make