[U-Boot] U-Boot bring-up x86 Baytrail/ multiboot2 specification

Mathias.Boos at sew-eurodrive.de Mathias.Boos at sew-eurodrive.de
Fri Nov 16 09:00:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am just about to replace a BIOS based Intel Baytrail E3835 board with U-Boot due to ugly BIOS boottimes.
Has anyone any experience with this and can give me some tips how to do this?

Additionally our system runs with an RTS Hypervisor to support 2 OS in parallel (WIN10, WEC2013).
The Hypervisor runs only on bootloader with multiboot2 support.
The bootloader has to load all necessary modules regarding the multiboot2 specification into storage (License, Configuration, WEC-Image).

Is this possible with u-boot? Has u-boot multiboot2 support?

https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/multiboot2/multiboot.html

Best regards
Mathias

SEW-EURODRIVE GmbH & Co KG
Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRA 230970
Komplement?rin: SEW-EURODRIVE Verwaltungs-GmbH, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRB 230207

Gesellschafter: J?rgen Blickle, Rainer Blickle
Gesch?ftsf?hrung: J?rgen Blickle (Vorsitzender), Udo Aull, Dr. J?rg Hermes, Dr. Hans Krattenmacher, Johann Soder, Dr. J?rgen Zanghellini