[U-Boot] U-Boot bring-up x86 Baytrail/ multiboot2 specification

Mathias.Boos at sew-eurodrive.de Mathias.Boos at sew-eurodrive.de
Tue Nov 20 13:26:05 UTC 2018

Hi all,

thanks for your quick answer.
I wanted to test the u-boot option with coreboot payload on x86 first.
So I built coreboot and did a target download with 2 dead devices at the end.
I am just about to restore these devices (customized ones) with some difficulties in doing this ;-)...

When I have restored the devices I will continue my u-boot attempts.

I will still have another x86 board soon with Apollo Lake E3950. The board vendor told me
that there is really no way to use u-boot as BIOS replacement. Has anyone experience with u-boot and Apollo Lake?

@ Bin and Simon: do you have any idea if u-boot has multiboot2 support?
https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/multiboot2/multiboot.html

Best regards
Mathias