[U-Boot] [swupdate] Re: SWUpdate - U-Boot environment library dependency

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:41:10 UTC 2018

Wolfgang,

Am Do., 22. Nov. 2018, 15:23 hat Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> geschrieben:

> Dear Simon,
>
> In message <97f8b0ec-103b-e9b7-42ed-e1922f6d489a at gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Oops, I'll have to take that back. I just checked and SPL *does* boot
> > the uImage U-Boot also if I deliberately corrupt the CRC of the image.
> > So you're right, it seems to be not protected at all!
> >
> > Is that expected behaviour or a bug?
>
> I don't know your board.
>
> It may be intentional, for example if there are size restrictions
> for the SPL wich don't allow to include the CRC32 code...

I don't think this is intentional. I discussed this in another thread with
Marek by now. There is no reference to the CRC code in the files in
common/spl or the funtions called by it.

Searching the whole code, I cannot see anything that checks the uImage CRC
from standard SPL. And I don't see board specific controls to do this
check, did I miss something?

Regards,
Simon