[U-Boot] u-boot bringup on bbb with spi-nor-flash

C Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Wed Nov 28 21:57:15 UTC 2018

HI guys

Please help I've been working on this waaay too long. I have been able to
get the most recent u-boot
to build with the standard am335x_evm_spiboot_defconfig configuration and
it runs on my box...

I just changed out the CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_WINBOND with the
CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_ISSI to match the flash chip on my board.

My goal is to also configure mtd and ubifs on one of the partitions and to
load my OS from the UBIFS...  I have created the following defconfig, but
it doesn't boot.. wondering if anyone out there in u-boot land can take a
look and tell me what sort of mistake I've done...

really my board is just a BBB with spi flash instead of emmc. any help
would be appreciated greatly!!!!

this works: am335c_dni_spiboot_defconfig
and this one doesn't (with mtd and ubifs) : am335x_dni_defconfig

I just pulled the most recent code from git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git master
on nov 20....