[U-Boot] [PULL] Please pull u-boot-imx

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Sun Sep 2 14:15:06 UTC 2018

On Sun, Sep 02, 2018 at 03:20:25PM +0200, Sébastien Szymanski wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> > On 1 Sep 2018, at 13:37, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > - So I start reading the whole diff and I see:
> > commit 8e00d802e402d2a6734a88ebeb77a70efcfc354c
> > Author: Sébastien Szymanski <sebastien.szymanski at armadeus.com>
> > Date:   Wed Jul 25 14:47:53 2018 +0200
> >
> >    ARM: opos6ul: make the board boot again
> >
> > Which is wrong.  The -u-boot.dtsi file is automatically included and
> > should have all of the U-Boot specific DTS changes.
> >

> :(
>
> I don’t understand your comment. What -u-boot.dtsi file is
> automatically included ? I have put all the U-Boot specific DTS
> changes in imx6ul-opos6ul-u-boot.dtsi and imx6u-opos6uldev-u-boot.dts
> files.

Take a look at the u_boot_dtsi_options logic in scripts/Makefile.lib for
all of the possible dtsi files that will be automatically included if
found.  This is so that end the end for a given board you should be able
to drop in the dts file(s) from Linux, create a -u-boot.dtsi and then
have things work, no changes to the upstream files required nor
specifying an otherwise unusual name.

--
Tom