[U-Boot] Breakage in ids8313 due to u-boot-imx

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Sep 3 13:45:35 UTC 2018

Hi Denis,

you introduced a way to switch the bus for the I2C counter. I merged
these changes into u-boot-imx (they were related to GE i.MX boards), Tom
found that this breaks ids8313 (PowerPC). In fact, ids8313 could not set
CONFIG_SYS_BOOTCOUNT_I2C_BUS (it is new), and the fallback in comment
does not apply.

I just noted that there is no CONFIG option in Kconfig and it must be
set in the header. However, that is forbidden and new CONFIG should be
supported via Kconfig.

Sure I have not noted this issue before, but this cannot flow in, also
because it breaks the ids8313. I tend to drop your patchset for the
incoming release.

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de