[U-Boot] Fwd: Parallel build is broken

Andy Shevchenko andy.shevchenko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:47:08 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 6:14 PM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 05:50:33PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 5:00 PM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> > > On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 03:42:05PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> > make clean && make edison_defconfig && make -j16
> >
> > gcc (Debian 8.2.0-4) 8.2.0
> > Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
> > warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> I assume this is on Debian/unstable?

testing

>  I can't directly replicate this on
> my 24core (Debian/stretch) or 16core(Ubuntu/xenial) machines.  I'll
> setup a chroot soon, but since you've said -j64 is fine there too I
> suspect you have more cores than I.  This may be something you have to
> bisect for us if I can't replicate it myself.  Can you confirm how many
> cores you have?  I might be able to spin something up in Google compute.

$ sed -n -e '/cpu cores/ { p; q }' /proc/cpuinfo
cpu cores       : 22

OTOH, I tried on my desktop (where is unstable) and everything works
fine with the same (-j16) command line on any gcc I tried.
$ sed -n -e '/cpu cores/ { p; q }' /proc/cpuinfo
cpu cores       : 4

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko