[U-Boot] kgdb support for aarch64 architecture based boards

Korimella Raja Sekhar Reddy rajasekhar.korimella at blackpeppertech.com
Mon Sep 10 10:45:37 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I am planning to understand & work on kgdb stubs on u-boot for aarch64 architecture. Is anyone working on it and are they have any progress / stubs done for the aarch64.

I saw there are stubs in u-boot directory for 'power pc' architecture. I am planning to bring the similar way of stubs for armv8, aarch64 architecture.

Please let me know if you have any information related to kgdb (for u-boot) / current stage of development of kgdb support if any.

One clarification is that, if I brought the kgdb stubs on u-boot, it will be helpful until it loads the Kernel and once the control handovers to kernel to load the actual OS, kgdb won't be work it out am I correct.

Can I use the same kgdb stub to do debug of standalone applications from u-boot.

Thanks,
Korimella