[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.09 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Sep 10 21:49:39 UTC 2018

Hey all,

It's release day, and here we are doing the release.  It's live on git
(I hope) and FTP and ACD (along with the PGP sig file).

So with the v2018.07 release I mentioned various migration deadlines.
We're closer to being able to call migrations done, but not quite.
There's a few changes I can pull in just after release, but we also
still have work to be done for both BLK and DM_SPI.

Now as I mentioned back in June[1] I'd really like to see more signed
tags for pull requests as that means there's a changelog I can read over
when making release emails.  So, from summarizing the tags:
- Xilinx platforms (zynq, zynqmp, microblaze) have cleaned up and
  improved a number of areas with better DT and sysreset functionality.
  A number of drivers have been converted to DM.
- EFI support has had a number of corrections made due to running SCT.
- ARC has updated some of their drivers and now supports gcc-8.1.x

And a few more specific things in all cases can be seen with:
git log --merges v2018.07..v2018.09

Thanks all!

[1]: https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2018-June/330610.html
--