[U-Boot] SYS_CONFIG_NAME resolved with quotation marks

König, Florian FKoenig at moba.de
Tue Sep 25 07:47:49 UTC 2018

Hi,
i try to integrate a new board into u-boot.  I created a configs/myboard_defconfig file with  CONFIG_TARGET_MYBOARD=y inside. Then I extended arch/arm/mach-imx/mx6/Kconfig with the following lines:

config TARGET_MYBOARD
                bool "myboard"

source "board/freescale/myboard/Kconfig"

Then I created board/freescale/myboard/Kconfig with following content:

if TARGET_MYBOARD

config SYS_BOARD
                default "myboard"

config SYS_VENDOR
                default "freescale"

config SYS_CONFIG_NAME
                default "myboard"
endif

When I now try to build it, it fails and returns this line where the SYS_CONFIG_NAME got quotation marks, but e.g. in CONFIG_BOARDDIR the values got no quotation marks?

echo \#define CONFIG_BOARDDIR board/freescale/myboard; echo \#include \<config_defaults.h\>; echo \#include \<config_uncmd_spl.h\>; echo \#include \<configs/"myboard".h\>;

This code Is build by scripst/Makefile.autoconf by line 106-109:

echo \#define CONFIG_BOARDDIR board/$(if $(VENDOR),$(VENDOR)/)$(BOARD);\
                echo \#include \<config_defaults.h\>;                                                  \
                echo \#include \<config_uncmd_spl.h\>;                                                            \
                echo \#include \<configs/$(CONFIG_SYS_CONFIG_NAME).h\>;                 \

SYS_BOARD is accessible with $(BOARD)
SYS_VENDOR is accessible with $(VENDOR)
But SYS_CONFIG_NAME is accessible with $(CONFIG_SYS_CONFIG_NAME) and then returns It with quotation marks.

I look at the other board configurations and don't get it, but what do I wrong ? thx for help.
florian