[U-Boot] Uboot 2013 losing saved env

Tracy Smith tlsmith3777 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:03:43 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have the 2013 version of uboot on Renesas RZ/G1H and I’m seeing environment variables get reset when hard resets occur randomly. These may be related, but need to know if there are patches that fix earlier versions of uboot to prevent losing environment variables that have been saved?

Second what is the latest stable release of uboot?

Since we are porting QNX 7 to Renesas RZ/G1H, we are booting from the USB instead of the eMMC at this stage. Are we losing the environment variables because of not booting from the eMMC?

If the USB for instance doesn’t boot the first time, can uboot variables be lost? Or, are they saved on some other permanent storage by default?

Thx, Tracy