[U-Boot] [RFC 3/6] usb: exynos: add init_after_reset for usb reset

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzk at kernel.org
Mon Apr 1 16:14:43 UTC 2019

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 18:05, Anand Moon <linux.amoon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 18:25, Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk at kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 13:53, Anand Moon <linux.amoon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Some host controllers need addidional re-initialization
> >
> > Please run spell-check.
> >
> > > after ehci_reset() so we add .init_after_reset callback
> > > which is requires to reinit the phy after controller reset.
> >
> > s/requires/required/
>
> I did run checkpatch before on this, It did not spotted and error or warning.
>
> > .... but you do not re-init the phy. The exynos_usb_init() performs
> > the reset of usb3503 USB hub!
> >

> Yes that is needed as we do not get the usb back after "usb reset" command.

Then please update the commit message to describe what exactly you are
doing and what you want to achieve. Someone might think that you are
doing initialization in init-after-reset... but you want to perform
different reset after reset of ehci... and while writing it maybe you
will notice that it is a hack and probably not the best way to do it.

Best regards,
Krzysztof