[U-Boot] rk3288 SPL size

Wadim Egorov w.egorov at phytec.de
Fri Apr 5 10:10:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

it seems the new common rockchip pinctrl driver does not really fit into
our phycore-rk3288 SPL setup. It works for every other rk3288 based
board because they don't need special power configurations at the SPL stage.

So my question is: is there any work going on to reduce the SPL size
even more?

Besides that, I think I can remove the power stuff at the SPL stage from
our board. The SOM was redesigned and is equipped with an STM8 connected
to the RK818. The required setup we did before in the SPL is now done by
the ST controller. I know there are only a few SOMs without the STM8 out
in the wild. So if I remove it it will affect only a few people who
probably already have both boards.

Regards,
Wadim