[U-Boot] Enabling external watchdog support u-boot NXP imx6

Konstantyn Prokopenko konstantyn.prokopenko at parkassist.com
Sat Apr 6 15:28:34 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm using external watchdog MAX6751 for imx6q board and i need to trigger it in u-boot, otherwise system would reset. The reset time is about 1 sec.

I've added initialization of GPIO PAD to the board support code and function hw_watchdog_reset(). When i enable CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG and compile u-boot, it does not load at all. When i disable CONFIG_HW_WATCHSOG, everything boots fine.

Did anybody have any issues of auto-triggering watchdogs in u-boot?

Thanks a lot

Konstantyn