[U-Boot] Booting from network

U.Mutlu for-gmane at mutluit.com
Sat Apr 6 21:02:58 UTC 2019

I'm booting over the network (GbE) from a tftp server.
It works, but is IMHO very slow.
Is there a faster method for booting over the net?

boot.cmd:
dhcp 0x49000000
tftpboot 0x46000000 192.168.1.201:uImage
tftpboot 0x49000000 192.168.1.201:u-boot.dtb
setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda1 rootwait panic=10
rootfstype=ext4 rw ${extra}
bootm 0x46000000 - 0x49000000

Btw, in the above script, can I safely replace the addresses
with ${kloadaddr} and ${fdtaddr} ?
I wonder where these variables get set or obtained from.
(I saw these variables somewhere on the net, but there was no initialisation,
so I assumed it must be something internal/intrinsic, right?)

And: though my board can output via HDMI, I've no monitor attached,
and a serial cable (TTY to USB) I don't have at the moment.
Is there another method to get the u-boot output (or log) to be sent to a
remote host/log?

Thx

--
U.Mutlu