[U-Boot] arm: sunxi: Bananapi_M2_Ultra not working with DM_MMC

Jagan Teki jagan at amarulasolutions.com
Mon Apr 8 19:26:48 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 12:43 AM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 12:41:48AM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:

> > > Ah, is the scsi driver for Allwinner DM-ified yet?  And for the release
> > > I'd really like to do today can we just switch off DM_MMC on the DM_SCSI
> > > Allwinner platforms?
> >
> > Since the migration plan still there for DM_SCSI (v2019.07) we haven't
> > enabled DM_SCSI yet.
>
> Except on sun4i.  But different driver then?  But I guess for today we
> need to use:
>         select DM_MMC if MMC && !(DM_SCSI && SCSI)
> ?

Yes, A10 has DM_SCSI

Above solutions seems to be 'recursive dependency' issue.

drivers/scsi/Kconfig:11:error: recursive dependency detected!
drivers/scsi/Kconfig:11:    symbol DM_SCSI depends on BLK
drivers/block/Kconfig:4:    symbol BLK depends on DM_MMC
drivers/mmc/Kconfig:26:    symbol DM_MMC is selected by DM_SCSI
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"