[U-Boot] Bug in saveenv handling?

U.Mutlu for-gmane at mutluit.com
Tue Apr 9 20:53:36 UTC 2019

Frank Wunderlich wrote on 04/09/2019 09:39 PM:
> this looks for me like the CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET+CONFIG_ENV_SIZE is overlapping uboots code
>
> can you post these values and position of uboot and its size for your device?
>
> which env-storage do you use (EMV_IN_MMC or ENV_FAT)?

I looked up in the .config file:

# U-Boot 2019.04-rc4 Configuration

$ grep CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET .config
CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET=0x88000

$ grep CONFIG_ENV_SIZE .config
CONFIG_ENV_SIZE=0x20000

$ grep EMV_IN_MMC .config

$ grep ENV_FAT .config
CONFIG_ENV_FAT_INTERFACE="mmc"
CONFIG_ENV_FAT_DEVICE_AND_PART="0:auto"
CONFIG_ENV_FAT_FILE="uboot.env"

I guess the uboot.env is a hidden file, but occassionally (esp. after
saveenv & reboot) I see this file as a normal file in /, not hidden.

I used "Lamobo_R1_defconfig" as basis and made just a few
irrelevant minor changes in make menuconfig.
It's actually a Banana Pi R1 board.
CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE="sun7i-a20-lamobo-r1"

Thx