[U-Boot] Possible bug in release: fdisk in linux cannot read /dev/mmcblk0 anymore

U.Mutlu for-gmane at mutluit.com
Tue Apr 9 22:37:14 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

# U-Boot 2019.04 Configuration

I just updated to the latest version via git.
My previous version was the recent 2019.04-rc4.

Now in this latest version I think a bug shows up:

Inside Linux on the device, suddenly the following command no longer works:

# fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0
fdisk: cannot open /dev/mmcblk0: Input/output error

# ls -l /dev/mmcblk0
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 179, 0 Jan  1  1970 /dev/mmcblk0

The device is present, but fdisk cannot read the partitions,
although u-boot has successfully used the boot partition
of this SD card to boot Linux.
IMHO a funny situation, isn't it? :-)

This always had worked for me, up until now.
Is this more a linux issue or a u-boot issue?

Let me know if you need specific data.

Thx