[U-Boot] sunxi-fel uboot brings SPL version mismatch error

U.Mutlu for-gmane at mutluit.com
Thu Apr 11 10:38:07 UTC 2019

Jack Mitchell wrote on 04/11/2019 11:13 AM:
> On 11/04/2019 01:16, U.Mutlu wrote:
>> # CC Jagan
>>
>> There's a version mismatch error with the sunxi-fel tool from sunxi-tools
>> ( https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools )
>>
>> ./sunxi-fel -v uboot u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin write 0x43100000 my.env
>> Stack pointers: sp_irq=0x00002000, sp=0x00005E08
>> Reading the MMU translation table from 0x00020000
>> Disabling I-cache, MMU and branch prediction... done.
>> => Executing the SPL... done.
>> Setting write-combine mapping for DRAM.
>> Setting cached mapping for BROM.
>> Writing back the MMU translation table.
>> Enabling I-cache, MMU and branch prediction... done.
>> Writing image "U-Boot 2019.04-00036-g1d63ec3fa4", 448324 bytes @
>> 0x4A000000.
>> sunxi SPL version mismatch: found 0x03 > maximum supported 0x02
>> You need a more recent version of this (sunxi-tools) fel utility.
>> Starting U-Boot (0x4A000000).
>>
>> Bug tracker:
>> https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools/issues/124
>>

> I think it's still the case that you need to build sunxi-tools from the
> HEAD commit of the master branch for a recent uboot.

Do you happen to know how to do that?

I think I already have the latest repo version, isn't it? :

$ git remote show origin
* remote origin
   Fetch URL: https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools
   Push  URL: https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools
   HEAD branch: master
   Remote branches:
     autotools  tracked
     master     tracked
     reorganize tracked
     windows    tracked
   Local branch configured for 'git pull':
     master merges with remote master
   Local ref configured for 'git push':
     master pushes to master (up to date)

$ git checkout master
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

$ git reflog
7fe6024 HEAD@{0}: checkout: moving from master to master
7fe6024 HEAD@{1}: clone: from https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools

$ git checkout .
$ git checkout master
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

$ git pull
Already up-to-date.

So, there's nothing new coming to my local copy.