[U-Boot] getting rid of clearly(?) obsolete doc/README* files?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Apr 14 11:50:16 UTC 2019

  before i submit a patch, i'll ask permission first -- is it worth
submitting patches to delete what appear to be totally obsolete README
files? i just stumbled over doc/README.ARM-memory-map, dated Sep 2003,
which reads in part:

"_armboot_start contains the value of CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE
(0xA07E0000); it seems CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE and _armboot_start are
both used for the same purpose in different parts of the (ARM) code.
Furthermore, the startup code (cpu/<arm>/start.S) internally uses
another variable (_TEXT_BASE) with the same content as _armboot_start.
I agree that this mess should be cleaned up."

  i checked -- there are no remaining references to _armboot_start,
and there's this from 2011:

  commit 297f18ac0fbeef30ba1c17fe131ca75f09a6e7cf
  Author: Greg Ungerer <greg.ungerer at opengear.com>
  Date:   Fri Sep 9 22:23:34 2011 +1000

    CM4000: fix broken flash base for OpenGear boards

    Use _bss_start_ofs as the size of the boot loader code+data that we want
    to protect in the flash. This replaces use of the no longer defined
    _armboot_start.
    ... etc etc ...

under the circumstances, does that file have any current informational
value? i'm pretty sure i've noticed a couple others that seem way out
of date.

rday

                         http://crashcourse.ca