[U-Boot] x86: SPI flash broken with SPI NOR

Vignesh Raghavendra vigneshr at ti.com
Fri Apr 26 16:26:48 UTC 2019

Bin,

On 26/04/19 7:33 PM, Bin Meng wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 7:26 AM Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bin,
>>
>> I find that 'sf test 0 1000' does not work anymore since this commit:
>>
>> c4e8862308 mtd: spi: Switch to new SPI NOR framework
>>
>> Have you seen any problems? This seems to prevent proper SPI flash writing (not sure about reading).
>
> Yes, this seems to be broken. I just tested it on MinnowMax.

What is the flash part on this board?

> 'sf probe' does not succeed anymore.

Could you enable all debug prints in spi_mem_exec_op() in spi-mem.c:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/u-boot/latest/source/drivers/spi/spi-mem.c#L376

And the post the full log here. If the log is too big please paste it to pastebin.ubuntu.com

Also please apply http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1090121/ on top of latest tree before doing any write to flash

Sorry for the trouble.