[U-Boot] Booting MX6 via Serial Download after DM conversion

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 17:39:17 UTC 2019

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 2:57 PM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:

> imx_usb is doing some checking of the second binary it sends along?
> That sounds odd to start with, is there some specific history there?

My understanding is that imx_usb_loader expects to find a valid IVT entry.

After the conversion to DM, a FIT image is used on
mx6sabresd_defconfig and such IVT can no longer be found, causing
imx_usb_loader to fail to loading u-boot-dtb.img.

It would be nice if we can come up with a solution, as loosing the
ability to load via imx_usb_loader has a negative impact for users.