[U-Boot] buildman rockchip

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Aug 2 17:13:04 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 09:32:29AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi Kever,
>
> On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 at 21:03, Kever Yang <kever.yang at rock-chips.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > On 2019/7/28 下午11:20, Simon Glass wrote:
> > > Hi Kever,

> > There is no Kconfig string option for SoC vendor now, is it possible to
> > add info by Kconfig option
> >
> > which is able to identify the SoC vendor into boards.cfg? eg. There is a
> > CONFIG_ARCH_ROCKCHIP
> >
> > for rockchip platform, and the 'CONFIG_ARCH_' seems also use for many
> > other platform.

> > > One more thing...to check what builds will be built try -nv :
> > >
> > > buildman -nv rockchip
> > >
> > > This will list the boards. You could use 'rk' instead of 'rockchip', perhaps?
> >

> > Use 'rk' + 'rv' is OK to get all 38 boards for now, there might have
> > SoCs leading with 'px' which will mix
> >
> > with other SoC vendors.
>
> Well, the only thing I can think oi is going back to the SoC being
> rockchip. Or maybe add a new thing to boards.cfg?

Part of the problem is that yes, what exactly IS the common string
between all rockchip-the-SoC-vendor platforms that will catch the
various SoCs as well as non-rockchip-the-board-producer platforms?

All that said, we shouldn't add more to boards.cfg we should make
buildman consume/generate the db?  May save us needing to convert
genboardscfg.py to python3 :)

--
Tom