[U-Boot] EFI_PXE_BASE_CODE_PROTOCOL

Leif Lindholm leif.lindholm at linaro.org
Tue Aug 6 19:35:33 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 08:52:09PM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> > > Possibly. I've cc:d Peter since he's the last person I know who took a
> > > proper look at this.
> >
> > That's actually what we've got in our current patch set, based on
> > Michael Chang at SuSE's https work.  Javier Martinez (cc'd) is working
> > on getting those ready for upstream, but in the mean time, check out the
> > patches nearby to:
> >
> > https://github.com/rhboot/grub2/commit/4f977935a9271727bf21889526fdf82f0fc8fed9
>
> Thank you for the link.
>
> There are currently no plans to implement these device paths in U-Boot:
>
> * IPv4 Device Path
> * IPv6 Device Path
> * Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) Device Path
>
> I assume that these device paths would only be installed on handles
> implementing the EFI DHCPv4 Protocol or the EFI DHCPv6 Protocol but
> could not identify the relevant information in the specification.

10.3.4.12/13 (UEFI 2.8 spec) for IPv4/IPv6.
10.3.4.23 for URI.
(And 10.3.4.21 for iSCSI.)

But if you are only asking because you found the (NULLed-out) PXE
protocol implemented, then I would suggest we can ignore this for now.

I guess it could be useful for netbooting GRUB (the device paths, and
passing DHCP information retrieved by U-Boot into GRUB), not the
EFI_PXE_BASE_CODE_PROTOCOL).

/
    Leif