[U-Boot] CONFIG_OPTEE

Stephen Segal stephen.segal at getcruise.com
Tue Aug 20 18:39:53 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been noticed or handled already, but it appears
there are two separate config options named CONFIG_OPTEE.

In drivers/tee/optee/Kconfig:

config OPTEE
        bool "OP-TEE"
        depends on ARM_SMCCC
        help
          This implements the OP-TEE Trusted Execution Environment (TEE)
          driver. OP-TEE is a Trusted OS designed primarily to rely on the
          ARM TrustZone(R) technology as the underlying hardware isolation
          mechanism. This driver can request services from OP-TEE, but also
          handle Remote Procedure Calls (RPC) from OP-TEE needed to
          execute a service. For more information see:
https://www.op-tee.org

And in lib/optee/Kconfig:

config OPTEE
        bool "Support OPTEE images"
        help
          U-Boot can be configured to boot OPTEE images.
          Selecting this option will enable shared OPTEE library code and
          enable an OPTEE specific bootm command that will perform
additional
          OPTEE specific checks before booting an OPTEE image created with
          mkimage.

This has the effect of making these options inter-dependent: it's
impossible to enable one without the other.

Steve.

--

*Confidentiality Note:* We care about protecting our proprietary
information, confidential material, and trade secrets. This message may