[U-Boot] [U-Boot-Custodians] [RFC] enforce CONFIG_DM=y

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Fri Aug 23 11:35:40 UTC 2019

On 8/23/19 12:49 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 8/13/19 11:53 AM, Marek Vasut wrote:

>>> Agreed, that is a small list. I think Tom should make the call though.
>>
>> Was there ever a warning about this , to notify the maintainers that the
>> boards need conversion ?
>
> So I was asked to retain migor and r2dplus. I need some time to figure
> out the details of what will really be retained. When are they due to be
> dropped ?

The boards above are the ones that cannot be built with DM=y. Others may
be failing at runtime. Therefore I suggest targeting the v2020.01
release.  If that date is ok, let's add a warning via /Makefile:

"This board does not use CONFIG_DM=y. All boards without CONFIG_DM=y
will be removed from U-Boot with the v2020.01 release."

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt