[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.10-rc3 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Aug 27 14:31:33 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 07:20:07AM +0000, Peng Fan wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> > Subject: [U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.10-rc3 released
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's release day and here's v2019.10-rc3.  We're well into what should be the
> > stabilization period at this point.  Going forward I am hoping for PRs that are
> > bug fixes / regression fixes, Kconfig migrations or very self contained new
> > boards and similar.  If you have a series is "big" but doesn't quite fit into that
> > list, please let me know with a patchwork link to the series in reply here.  I'd
> > like to get a handle on how much stuff like that it outstanding so that I can get
> > an idea on what I should try and do about a "next" branch more often than I
> > have and what rules might apply to it.
>
> The i.MX8MM patch set. hope that could be queued into next tree.
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/1153589/
>
> Should that go through Stefano's tree into your next branch or
> you could pick up if the patch set is good?

I would expect i.MX8MM to go through Stefano's tree as it's "imx".  That
said, I also expect if http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CustodianGitTrees
had more than one sentence about "next" branches or
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/DevelopmentProcess mentioned them at all
and I said what I was doing in the main tree, others might follow suit
as their own time permits.

--
Tom