[U-Boot] [RFC 0/6] efi_loader: support runtime variable access via cache

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Wed Jun 5 10:34:05 UTC 2019

On 6/5/19 6:21 AM, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
> EBBR v1.0 section 2.5.3 says
>   Even when SetVariable() is not supported during runtime services,
>   firmware should cache variable names and values in EfiRuntimeServicesData
>   memory so that GetVariable() and GetNextVeriableName() can behave as
>   specified.
>
> This is an experimental patch set and the aim is to enable this feature.

Hello Takahiro,

thanks a lot for all the effort you put in this.

Reusing parts of env is a valid possibility but I am not sure if this is
the right approach for something that has to work at runtime.

I will need some time to layout my ideas of the design. Unfortunately I
am on a sea kayaking trip this weekend. So I may need until June 16th
for a thorough suggestion.

I have already picked the trivial patches from this patch series and
will put them into the next pull request.

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot-efi.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/efi-2019-07-rc4-2

Best regards

Heinich